Monday, June 9, 2008

War Games

Tonight, as I was typing my previous post, I was waching War Games. Oh. My. Gosh. So many reactions to this. Let me start by saying first that Matthew Broderick is darling in this. I'd forgotten until I saw this tonight that he was one of my first crushes. He's adorable! Next, the technology. You should see this stuff. Huge floppy disks. DOS. Server rooms the size of a high school gym. Dot matrix printers. Telephone modems. WOPR? (is that right?) Raglan sleeves (oops. they're current again). Telephone booths. And a lot of drama. The world is coming to an end, but if you have any time, you gotta see it.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I saw the "global thermonuclear war" scene on tv the other night and couldn't figure out what I was watching, but I was laughing pretty hard at the technology in the movie. WOW! We've come a long way!!!