Tuesday, September 9, 2008

On Politics....

Well, since everyone's posting about the recent conventions, I thought I'd join the bandwagon. So, here are my thoughts...
McCain- I worry about major budget problems- like we need more debt. The war? I think it was a mistake to go to Iraq- How's he gonna keep paying for it? The good- he has fought for this country and I really believe he is committed to it heart and soul.

Palin- love, love the idea of a woman being there, but this one? Not enough experience! What's her foreign policy record like? (Besides with Canada). I don't know if I could handle the idea of her being president should something happen to the other one. Good- she seems like a great representative of the average american woman - she has a whole lot experience with all that comes with it for sure!

Obama- love, love the idea of a black president for so many reasons. He is intelligent, driven, cares for the minority, understands the needs of the people of this country. But, oops! Not much experience in government, like Palin.

Biden- I think this guy's great. Tons of experience, great leadership, great morals, fights for what he believes, and I believe has some experience with foreign policy (I'll have to double check that one). But, what about the financial mess we're in? I have no idea what his background is with that.


So, to sum it up.....I think I'm going for Obama-Biden. Yeah, that's right. Those two...Um. Will you still be my friends?

2 comments:

Denise said...

That is even more of a reason for me to be your friend! Just so you know, when I post about politics, barely anyone comments. I wonder what that could mean...

Cindy Feuz said...

I feel like I am heading in the same direction as you. Why is voting so hard?