Sunday, November 30, 2008

Giving Thanks

Once again, it's time to give thanks, officially, I mean. To be honest, this year I have focused more on giving thanks all year long than in other years past. So on this particular day of Thanksgiving, I have been reminded of more unusual things for me than the normal. Particularly, my health. Joaquin's ordeal, as well as many other reminders I have had lately has made me much more aware of the wonderful way our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have created our bodies. I am grateful for a strong and healthy body that can do so many things. Yes, I get more aches and pains than in the past. Yes, I get self-concious of my body and often wish it was less....bountiful. Butt, (pun intended), I can see, hear, dance, run and sweat, cuddle, ski (for which I am craving, thank you!), etc etc. Oh boy, it's not perfect. But perfect for my needs.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Nothing came up when I clicked on Joaquin's Ordeal. I hope he is doing ok.

Yvonne said...

Very true! I'm really liking this blog of yours! I'd forgotten how funny and witty you are :)