Sunday, March 30, 2008

Breathe.......

It has been a CRAZY week! I feel like now I can breathe. Doesn't that always happen? I have a bad habit of looking over my to do lists and the things I have coming up and then deciding, essentially, to hold my breath until it's over. The problem with that is that I become miserable until the task is over, the week is done, the behavior consult is finished, the plan is written, the lesson has been taught, the house is clean, etc (you get the picture). Why can't I just breathe through the stressful times? Like, audits, for example. I just did a bunch of stuff, and held my breath. I subconciously held my breath until I could get through the paperwork and then, I'll relax. That's how it always goes. I'll breathe when _______ is over, or when I can get through _________, then, I can breathe.I believe when I hold my breath, it keeps me from living. But...when I breathe, I live. I take in the life around me. I remove the junk from inside of me. My body gets replenished. I have recently been reminded of yoga breathing. When you come upon a difficult position in yoga, you are challenged to focus on your breath. To keep the breath the same while your body is under stress, because the quality of your breath will reflect your mind and body and vice versa. If you keep your breath relaxed and deep, your body...and your mind will follow. And you will get through it. Peacefully. Yeah, easier said than done. Lots of practice required. Thank goodness I have plenty of opportunities to practice ;)

No comments: