Thursday, April 3, 2008

Words can't express...

I have been so saddened by the murder of that little girl in Salt Lake- Hser Nay Moo. For some reason, it has really touched me. I remember when I saw the Amber Alert on the news on Monday night. I remember thinking, "Aww, they'll find her soon". She reminded me of my niece, Gabriela, and I instantly felt in love with that sweet face. The next night, I saw the breaking news. She had been beaten to death. How can we tolerate this? I read so many comments on KSL's boards from people who were also saddened and outraged. I keep asking myself, how does something like this happen? What leads to this? How can we prevent this? Of course, I wanted to hold Alex extra tight all day. Today, I squeezed him like a thousand times and covered him with kisses. I must confess, I have a tendency to always keep my eye out for suspicious behavior. Honestly. Whenever I am anywhere, even when I walk the few yards to my mailbox, I look around and try to remember anything that is unusual. Who's outside,etc. I do this always, so that if anything goes wrong, and I could be a potential witness to anything, that hopefully I could assist somehow. So that maybe something horrible could be prevented. I hope others would do that also. 'Cause, I mean, who knows if something were to happen to you or a loved one, how important it would be if someone could contribute the slightest piece of information that could lead to a safe resolution to a scary situation. Please pray for her family.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Isn't that SICK! ... can't even imagine..................