Friday, May 30, 2008

I got tagged...

In all my glory and excitement last night, I forgot I got tagged by Misty. A book tag.
Directions:
1. Get the nearest book to you, or one that you are reading, that contains over 123 pages.
2. Go to the 123rd page.
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the 5th sentence.
5. Tag 5 people.

Here goes:
"All the while these things were doing you may be sure my thoughts ran many times upon the prospect of land which I had seen from the other side of the island; and I was not without secret wishes that I were on shore there, fancying the seeing the mainland, and thinking that in an inhabited country I might find some way or other to convey myself farther, and perhaps at last find some means of escape"

I know it looks like there are mistakes in that paragraph. There aren't. I'm reading Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe. Written in like the 1700's. It's not a book I would highly recommend. It's good if you like books like Treasure Island. But I like it.
Okay, I tag Brooke, Joanie, Rachelle, Jenny (that means you need to start the blog), and Lori (time to update that blog).

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Ohhh, I don't know... that is going to take me getting off my chair here in the office and walking over to the book shelf! ; )
I read that book to my 4th graders when I taught. It's interesting... sort of.

Misty said...

Thanks for doing the tag! Don't be offended if I choose not to read "Robinson". Most of the time I like my reading to be mindless. I might get wild and read it sometime though.