Saturday, May 3, 2008

On Women and Expos

Today Jen and I went to the Women's Expo. I always like checking things like that out- see what's new around here. We saw some great stuff, and, not so great stuff. We were amazed at all the women out there that were getting exposed in some form or another to demonstrate stuff- getting some weird thing placed on their belly- with their belly exposed. Another naked from the waist down - except for a pair of white tights and getting something done to their legs. Weird. Gave new meaning to the word expo- it was an expo, alright! The thing that stood out to me the most? There was a plastic surgeon's office there. There was a display of breast implants. I really, really wanted to pick them up and feel what they're like- to pass them from hand to hand. But I didn't. It just wouldn't feel right without acrylic nails on.

p.s. not a rip on women who wear acrylic nails, it's just that if you've ever watched Dr. 90210, it always shows close-ups of the women handling the implants and they always have acrylic nails and they pass the implant back and forth. Just an image I have in my brain.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

That is hilarious!
I went last year and had to run the other way when I saw "pole dancing" lessons expo. YIKES!
PS - I don't have acrylics (he,he!)
Oh, and that wasp is evil looking!!