Monday, October 13, 2008

Don't drive like my brotha!

Okay, let me give you a tip...you gotta listen to NPR at 10 am on Saturday mornings! You gotta!
There's this show on called Car Talk hosted by a couple of brothers out of Boston. Holy Crap they're funny. Really funny. You don't have to love cars to really dig the show. I dig it. How did I find them? I stumbled on to them a few weeks ago while driving around running errands. For some reason, I'd never heard of them before. No one's ever talked about them. When I mentioned them to my dad, he immediately responded with "Oh, I love them! The're hilarious! I used to listen to them on my way to the office and I used to laugh my head off!" Then I wondered...it's NPR, I'm in Utah, and I just left a different age bracket. That's why.

Then, after that, listen to the 11 am show called Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. Warning. It's very funny, BUT I didn't like it as much the first couple of times I listened to it. Now I think it's hilarious too. It's a gameshow based on the news over the past week, and you kinda have to keep up with the news to get a lot of the jokes.

Anyway, these 2 shows are great to listen to on Sat mornings while you're cleaning the house, running errands in the car, etc. You'll be glad you did.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Ummm...what's NPR? Is that a dumb question?

Denise said...

I have heard the car show several times and I think it is funny. However, I just found the game show thing (I think DR. Phil was on it.) and it was even better. They ran some piece about Barrack forgetting that he had been married for 16 years and how that would affect his foreign policies. SO FUNNY. Maybe I listen to NPR too much. Yeah, we're old.