Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Politics As Usual

I watched the debates tonight, as I did last week. So, the thing I gotta ask is, is it me or are the debates so full of....the same old stuff? I mean, their tactics were so obvious. Both candidates constantly stroking the viewers by talking in ways that honestly did not feel genuine but more car salesmanish. I rarely felt like they answered the questions directly and concisely. Essentially, all they did was answer questions by pointing out the flaws and weaknesses of the other canditiate in regards to the topic at hand, with not even accurate information, and worse, they never really gave straight answers for themselves. I got so annoyed I could not watch the whole thing- though I really tried. I mean, honestly, what are those debates really about anyway? I mean, they can promise all they want but what percentage of those promises actually go through all the way? Honestly...'cause I don't know. But I remember that everytime I watch presidential/ vice-presidential debates, I feel this way. Thoughts? Educate me. This inquiring mind really wants to know.

3 comments:

Misty said...

I felt the same way for the 30 minutes or so that I watched. They didn't answer any questions about how they plan to work on/solve the current financial crisis, but were trying to point fingers at each other. It was stupid and I turned it off. I definitely do not feel any more enlightened after the part I watched...just more bugged that no one will actually address the issues and make a statement about their plan!

Denise said...

I was really irritated with the moderator. I want to see the candidates follow up and respond to what the other has said. Otherwise, how do I know if they are telling the truth about the other or not? I'm so tired of the election. I can't wait until it is over. McCain will have to do something pretty big to get me to switch to him, but I'm tired of hearing the same stuff. "Folksy talk, Main Street" are just a couple of the terms that drive me crazy!

Cindy Feuz said...

I think McCain is an old jerk. What's up with his arm/hand thing? Weird. "My friends" was annoying and when he called him "that one" That really turned me off. He's probably racist. Yeah it's the same old stuff, acusing eachother of things no one knows what is true. Also Palin really annoys me, she thinks she's winning people by talking their talk. I think she's full of it. FAKE!
Ok those are my strong opinions.
Who likes to be called "Joe six pack?" I'm from Missouri and even the rednecks there wouldn't like it.