Monday, April 7, 2008

I had no idea.

After Alex's checkup I drove him around to help relax him after his shot. I decided to drive on 9th East, partly to reminisce on old times and easy days...and then I saw it. Saw it and felt it both at the same time. My first Utah home- reduced to nothing but bare bones. What the ....(heck)?! And all the other towers? Gone. U-Hall is the last to go. I checked online. They've been tearing them down now for months, maybe years. One by one. Thank God (no, I'm not taking his name in vain here) I drove by just in time to get a few more shots ( I always carry my camera- for moments like this). BYU hasn't disclosed exactly what they're gonna do with that land yet. Maybe more housing. Boy, I'm officially part of eras gone by. I always imaged driving my kids by and pointing out mine and Heidi's room (608) and telling lots and lots of funny stories. The last one I'd tell would be the story of the Big Bird and Gummy Jets. Ahh, boys and girls, I shall tell you that one another time ;-)







1993 <- 2008
->


1 comment:

Rachelle said...

wow! That's crazy! I'd heard about that. It's wild to see.