Monday, April 21, 2008

Reconnaissance? Special Forces? Count me in.

Certain mothers would make fantastic reconnaissance agents. You know, those guys that sneak in to the enemy's headquarters and save people, or gather secret information. Yeah, that's totally me. I practice sneaking skills every.....single......night. Every night when I put Alex to bed, how do you think I get out of the room? You guessed it. I sneak out. Without a single noise. I mean, my knees don't even crack. I have become quite proficient at it. In pitch black. Sometimes I even do a little roll on the ground or do an army crawl, or add some other heart pounding element. I bet there's quite a few mothers out there who do the same thing. Put us together, and we'll have Osama in no time. Right about now you might be thinking, "Gee, Virginia, you're a behaviorist, is that the best you can do? Can't you use your behaviorist skills to make it so you can walk out w/o a hitch?" Yes. But this is way more exciting. And those of you who know me know I love adventure. My little nighttime adventure. See? Motherhood can be really exciting if you do it right.

P.S. Family: does this remind you if anyone else? Hint: Starts with the letter D and rhymes with cave. Ninja.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I love this post! And I have to say, as a former full-time babysitter I have employed those tactics more than once!!! In fact, I still occasionally do.